Journey to the heart of the popular Whale Route – Hermanus. This charming little town, famous for its giant aquatic visitors, comes alive each year during the whale festival as the Southern Right Whales arrive in Walker Bay during June/July and remain until November.
Hermanus also boasts a 12 kilometre cliff path which stretches along the coast line in front of the village, offering one of the best shore-based whale-watching spots in the world! The Hermanus Whale Route Tour offers an experience that is definitely larger than life.
Interesting Whale Facts
They were given the name Right Whales, since they were considered to be the ‘right’ whales to hunt. Apart from being rich in blubber, they were also easy to catch (being relatively slow swimmers), and they floated after being killed.
Even though Right Whales often seem slow and lumbering, they can be surprisingly quick and active. They often breach, slap their flippers and flukes on the surface, and often raise their flukes on a dive.
Season: Mid July to November
Depart: 08:00 – 09:00
- Bay, Pringle Bay & Betty’s Bay
- The Harold Porter Botanical Gardens
- Land Based Whale Watching
- Whale-Watching Boat Trip (Optional)
- Sir Lowry’s Pass
General Information and Conditions of Sale:
- Please note that Whale sightings are seasonal therefore this tour is only available from June to November. However, you can book the route on a Private basis any time of the year.
- General information and conditions of carriage prices, routes, places of interest, destinations, hotels and restaurants are subject to availability and to change
- Price is based on English Speaking Guide
- Tour departure and arrival times are approximate
- All our vehicles are insured substantially for passenger liability
- All Tours are subject to minimum number of passengers
- Luggage and personal possessions are carried at your own risk
- Please ensure that valuables and travel documents are kept safe at all times
- Full Payment is required at the time the booking is made via our secure online credit card payment system. Alternatively, Cash Payments are to be made in South Africa Rands directly to the Guide on commencement of the tour unless alternative arrangements have been made.